Friday, March 29, 2013

Getting Under the Umbrella

So, right now my topic is a little broad. I need to figure out how to narrow it down to one specific idea that I can research. I talked to my advisor yesterday about my topic and how to narrow it down. Luckily, she knows a professor in the psychology department who might be able to help us and possibly be a co-advisor, partly because not a lot of math professors know much about the brain. My proposal and application for independent study are due soon, so hopefully I can figure it out by then. Next task is trying to figure out how to fill out my application.

Choosing between thinking process and memory capabilities, I feel like I am leaning more towards memory, but then again, the way we remember information depends on how we process it in the first place. There may not be a lot of mathematical equations involved in this study, more informative than comprehensive, but for some reason I am enjoying planning it out because I know it's something I am interested in discovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment